Don’t get me wrong, Little K is just like any other toddler. She has tantrums like the best of them. But this morning was different. It was like she woke up and just thought. Today is a day for tantrums.
She has been away for a week with her Daddy visiting family, while I stayed home and worked… and enjoyed the freedom of a child-free social life! (Three times at the theatre in one week, that’s more than I went the entire of 2017!)
They returned yesterday, and it would seem that in their time away I have forgotten how to be a parent… Either that or Little K is tantrum-ing head first into the terrible 2’s that we’ve been dreading!
It’s currently 10am and we have already had the following tantrums:
- I put her breakfast bowl at the wrong side of the table… (I won’t mention that she had placed her chair there and was sitting on it at the time!)
- I wouldn’t let her sticky yogurt covered hands all over my brand new laptop
- I started reading a book from the beginning… Not the 5th page which was clearly the correct way
- There was a ‘piece missing’ from her perfectly completed puzzle…
- I didn’t put her breakfast in her Christmas bowl, and when I did I did it wrong
- Because I finished my cup of tea
- My slippers were too big for her feet
- Our dog didn’t want to have his tail pulled
- I wiped her nose
- She didn’t have enough cushions… She had ALL the cushions.
GIVE ME STRENGTH!
…and just to make you all smile once more on this Sunny Sunday morning this is how I have been writing this post…. Enjoy your weekend!