It’s my birthday! 29 today and I don’t feel a day over 28…
I’m not usually one for birthdays, but with my next birthday being 30; it has made me realise how fast time really is flying!
When I was 25 I wrote a 30 before 30 list. I can’t seem to find it, but I know for a fact that I have not completed even half of the entries. When I became a mummy I slowed down on ticking things off my list, as I was too busy concentrating on her lists (changing, feeding, development, experiences, weaning… it’s never ending). So, with one year left, I figured it was time to re-evaluate this list and see what I can do in the next year.
I have no actual budget or time for this so the options are more relatively achievable. I’m sure when I was 25 there were plenty of things like ‘Travel to 10 new countries’. This just isn’t going to happen for me in the next year. This is my realistic list of 30 before 30.
- Travel to somewhere new
- Learn to drive and pass my test
- Have a spa day
- Pay for a strangers lunch
- Give blood
- Volunteer for charity work
- Learn to take photos on manual
- Complete a 30 day challenge
- Visit my best friend in the Netherlands
- Reach my goal weight
- Declutter my life and donate suitable items to charity
- Take a dance class
- Pay off my credit cards!
- Get a new tattoo
- Treat myself to something really special
- Try 5 new restaurants
- Dine alone at a restaurant
- Stop smoking (only socially currently but still an awful habit!)
- Attend a Sing a Long event at the Prince Charles Theatre
- Visit London Zoo with Little K
You’ll notice I seem to be lacking by 10… This is why:
My husband is in the army and we are due to transfer around June time, so I am going to wait for confirmation as to what this will be before I add my final 10. This transfer will probably involve a house move (possibly to another country) and a new job/career so will mean big changes for us as a family. I want to make the most of my list and therefore if we move to another country I will include learning the language, as an example. Will revisit this in a few months and update you with my progress and what the future holds for us!
What would be on your list? What do you want to achieve in the next year?